Sunday 15 May 2011

Your Challenge should you wish to accept it...

Did you know that the 16-25th May 2011 is Real Nappy Week?




No I didn't either...until I was approached by Bambino Mio who invited me and seven other Mummy Bloggers to use one real nappy a week instead of a disposable one.


I jumped at the chance at having a go at the challenge as I have always wondered about using real nappies but if am honest, have never had the motivation to get out there and try it.


I have some preconceptions about using real nappies and I am interested to see whether these views will change throughout the week.  


1. Firstly I worry about them being too time consuming and too much hard work when I am busy enough as it is being a first time Mum.


2. I worry about them being messier than disposable nappies.


3. I worry about the initial cost of buying all the kit.




I did like the idea of using real nappies when I was pregnant with Mads as I know that they are better for the environment, and they will also save you money in the long term but we, like a lot of families, are real fans of ways of saving time in our busy lives.  If I am honest, although I liked the idea of using real nappies, it never entered my head to use anything other than disposables.


That is why I am looking forward to trying the Real Nappy Challenge and I am hoping it will change my way of thinking.


The challenge is simple, (I hope!) all we need to do is use one real nappy a day for a week and then let everyone know how we get on.  


A large, daunting looking box arrived in the post last week and I must admit I was a little nervous when I opened it up and saw all the kit.




However on first inspection and after having a quick read of the instructions I must admit it looks so simple.  Even for me who was never any good at Origami and putting together folded boxes!  


The challenge starts tomorrow and I am looking forward to having a go and getting Mr E to join in too!  


Wish us luck!




Check out the other Mummy Bloggers taking part-


Mothers Always Right

Northern Mum with Southern Children

Whimsical Wife

Edspire

Mummy Musings

Knees up Mother Brown

Mummy Mummy Mum

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks honey!

Good luck

P.S. I love mine

Mammy DoLittle said...

Good luck. Wouldn't fancy washing the dirty ones. Looking forward to hearing how you getting on :)

www.mammydolittle.blogspot.com

Emma said...

I am excited!! x

Mrs E said...

I am quite looking forward to it too- always good to try something different. And the little nappy cover is so cute with the little hearts on it!!

would like to be a yummy mummy said...

Looking forward to hearing how you get on too. I have considered using them in the past but haven't :-)

New Mum Online said...

Sugar and I still haven't written my final part post for Bum Genius which I was doing in parts - I can use the theme of this week as an excuse to finally do it.

Thanks for your beautiful comment.

Liska x

New Mum Online said...

Did a long post but was meant to then do a concluding one.

This was part 2:

http://newmumonline.blogspot.com/2011/03/bum-genius-review-part-ii.html

Emma @ Mummy Musings said...

Good luck!

Michelloui | The American Resident said...

I never used them but used some other eco friendly disposable instead. I was too anxious about the challenges as well. But a good friend of mine used them for both children so I'm pretty sure she must have been happy with them! Good luck with them!!

Im a new follower, having fun looking around here... :)

Jean | Delightful Repast said...

I'm so glad you're going to give them a try. Besides being better for the environment, etc, I think they must be a lot more comfortable for baby! Can you imagine walking around in paper pants all the time?!

Unknown said...

I've tagged you for an award on my blog.
x